Video Of The Week - A 30-Story Hotel In 360 Hours
Listen to Article
Construction can be a slow laborious process - The bigger the building, the more time it takes right? Apparently not, if you take a look at this time-lapse video of a 30-story, 183,00 square foot T30 hotel that recently went up in China's Hunan Province - It's total construction time? A mere 360 hours!
Two hundred super speedy construction workers toiled round the clock for 15-days, painstakingly mounting the sustainable prefabricated modules onto a steel structure. And for those who believe that this can only result in shoddy architecture, think again.
According to The Broad Group, the Chinese firm behind this hotel, it is strong enough to withstand a 9.0 magnitude earthquake - Or in other words, much stronger than structures constructed in the old-fashioned way! And that's not all - The building is also 'green' - It is five times more energy efficient than similar structures and, generates a fraction of the waste!
- Carterover 7 yearsWow
- beebaover 7 yearscool
- Awesome😜over 7 yearsWowowowoWOW!!!!
- iikattasticabout 8 yearsOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
- ravermccare23over 8 yearsoh my gosh! how hard must someone work!
- bibliophileover 8 yearsThe building is so... just WOW!!!!
- nikukyuover 8 yearsWoah I'm always amazed what we humans could accomplish....
- mangoday23almost 9 yearsThat is amazing how people can do that!
- fireman10956about 9 yearscoolest thing ever
- karan69about 9 yearswOW!